They killed my mother.
They took our magic.
They tried to bury us.
Now we rise.
Zélie Adebola remembers when the soil of Orïsha hummed with magic. Burners ignited flames, Tiders beckoned waves, and Zelie’s Reaper mother summoned forth souls. But everything changed the night magic disappeared. Under the orders of a ruthless king, maji were targeted and killed, leaving Zélie without a mother and her people without hope. Now, Zélie has one chance to bring back magic and strike against the monarchy. With the help of a rogue princess, Zélie must outwit and outrun the crown prince, who is hell-bent on eradicating magic for good. Danger lurks in Orïsha, where snow leoponaires prowl and vengeful spirits wait in the waters. Yet the greatest danger may be Zélie herself as she struggles to control her powers—and her growing feelings for the enemy…
One fantastic way to start 2018, read an advanced copy of this book and it was morbidly fascinating and simply “unputdownable” A book that leaves you with goosebumps – wide eyed – gasping. For fans of Sabaa Tahir and Sarah J. Maas..
PICK THIS BOOK UP TODAY!!!!
- Iku Clan: Maji of Life and Death, called Reapers
- Émi Clan: Maji of Mind, Spirit, and Dreams, called Connectors
- Omi Clan: Maji of Water, called Tiders
- Iná Clan: Maji of of Fire, called Burners
- Afêfê Clan: Maji of Air, called Winders
- Aiye Clan: Maji of Iron and Earth, called Grounders + Welders
- Ina Clan: Maji of Darkness and Light, called Lighters
- Iwosan Clan: Maji of Health and Disease, called Healer + Cancer
- Aríran Clan: Maji of Time, called Seers
- Eranko Clan: Maji of Animals, called Tamers